Tuesday, October 01, 2019 / by Natasha McNealy
The City of Trees really gets to show off during the colorful months of fall! The leaves have changed colors and we can’t stop staring out our windows at the beauty. There are so many fun things to do in Boise during these autumn months and it’s the city’s time to thrive. Here are some fun fall things you can do around town this month to celebrate the most beautiful time of the year.
1. Sunset Hike Up Camels Back - just 10 minutes from downtown, this Boise staple has unbelievable 360-degree panoramic scenic views. It is 11 acres of developed land that has several miles of trails along the ridge and boasts a park that is loved by the locals and a great spot for a picnic before the sunset views.
2. Capital City Public Market - many cities have seasonal farmer's markets, but not here in Boise! Our Public Market is open through fall and December. Lined up on the streets of downtown near the Capitol, every Saturday from 9:30 am- 1:30 pm, you’ll find local produce and different goods and crafts from all across the state of Idaho.
3. Activities at the Greenbelt - the Boise River Greenbelt is 25 miles long that passes along Boise’s major waterway. There are trails, parks, sports complexes, places to fish, biking trails, a golf course, and even a zoo! It is a great spot for dogs, walkers, bikers and nature lovers to enjoy the crisp fall air while taking in the scenery.
4. World Center for Birds of Prey - a center for the protection of critical habitats for raptors. Just along a 484,000-acre national conservation area with the deep canyons of the Snake River running through the middle, this world center is the place of global efforts to study and protect these predators. You can receive a crash course on the history of raptors, why some of these species are on the verge of being extinct and you can even catch a flight show of falcon fly-overs every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
5. Boise State Football Games - we all have seen the iconic blue field on TV, but fall is when you can see it live in action! Boise State is a well-known college football team all across the country, and the electric feel at Albertson’s stadium makes for a memorable and fun day. Go Broncos!
6. Pumpkin Patches - if you’re looking for the Instagrammable perfect fall day, head out to one of the many Boise Pumpkin farms and enjoy a beautiful day of pumpkin picking, drinking ciders and going on hay bail rides. Here is an awesome guide to pumpkin patches around Boise: http://bit.ly/2oYxd5c
7. Be a Tourist - sometimes being a tourist in your own city makes for the best of days and really makes you appreciate your home. Have a picnic in the park or take the scooters around town while appreciating the beautiful scenery surrounding you. Boise is such an adventurous and stunning place to live and taking a moment to appreciate it will bring a smile to your face.
8. Fall Events - there are so many events happening in Boise during the fall! Get out with friends or family and enjoy the seasonal festivities and local love. There is everything from the Fall Harvest Festival, Boo at the Zoo, Art in the Park, Renaissance Faire, Haunted Houses, and Oktoberfests - there is something for everyone!