Monday, July 15, 2019 / by Natasha McNealy
We are in the heart of summer and we want to do all the outdoor Boise activities we can after work and on the weekends. Here are some good on-the-go snacks you that we love to chow down on our way to our next adventure!
No-Bake Snack Bites - there is no need to buy those expensive, natural energy bars if you can make them yourself with a few ingredients! You will get just as much energy from these bites (and have as many as you want!)
- 1 cup of nuts ( can be walnuts, pecans, almonds or even sunflower seeds if you are nut-free)
- 1 cup of medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1-2 tablespoons of shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend.
- Press the mixture together and roll them into bite sized pieces. If you chose to use coconut, you can roll the bites in the coconut shreds.
- Store in the refrigerator and enjoy during your next adventure!
Make Ahead Fruit Yogurt Cups - the early bird gets the worm as the saying goes. Next time you have plans for a morning hike or adventure, pull this out of the fridge and get going!
- Peeled and chopped fruit of your choosing (berries, oranges, kiwi, pineapple, mango, cherries…)
- 1 1/2 cups of plain whole milk yogurt
- 8 ounce mason jar
- Granola or museli
- At the bottom of your mason jar, add in a few tablespoons of your fruit, layered with yogurt, then fruit again (you can choose how you want to layer it). Make sure you leave space up top to add granola later.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to three days and set aside a baggie of your preferred granola or muesli if you will be running out the door in the morning
- Enjoy your homemade yogurt cup for a good day-starter before setting off for the day