Monday, July 8, 2019 / by Natasha McNealy
It’s finally summer and we are excited to get our Boise activities on! There are so many things to do during this time of the year - from a large array of outdoor amenities, trying out new restaurants and scenes downtown to hitting up all of the family-friendly activities available, summertime in Boise is so FUN! Spending summers here never gets old and we want to share with you some favorite things to do!
- Walk or Bike the Boise River Greenbelt - this path runs 25 miles along the Boise River and is only minutes from downtown. Here you’ll find yourself on a path taking you through golf courses, parks, green fields, a nature center, ponds, and even Boise State University.
- Payette River Rafting - from June-September river rafting is a fun activity Idahoans love to do to have fun and enjoy the beautiful scenery. There are different levels of rapids and depending on how experienced you are, your journey can all be different - from family friendly or the need for adventure. Check out Cascade Kayak & Rafting, a family operated outfitter on the Payette River to have a fun day in the Idaho outdoors.
- Zip Lining - in the wintertime, the foothills and mountain ranges just outside Boise are known for skiing. In the summertime, they are used for family fun zip lining! Zip Idaho has experienced guides that will take you across six different zip lines that all vary in height and length. Last but not least you’ll reach the Turkey 2000 - 2,030 feet high and a length unmeasurable!
- Check out the local restaurants - Boise culture is booming with great food and local places to eat and drink. Idaho, of course, is famous for its potatoes, so enjoying those in whatever form of your choosing will make for a delicious meal after a long day of adventure!
- Float down the Boise River - yes, it’s just as relaxing as it sounds! Hop on a float and cool down with a scenic float down the river. Not every river is as gentle and relaxing as ours!
- Quinn’s Pond Paddle-boarding - along the western part of the Greenbelt, you’ll find locals enjoying outdoor recreations all summer long. From paddle-boarding to kayaking the river rapids at the Boise River Park for the adventurous, it’s another way we like to cool down while staying active.
- Discovery Center of Idaho - not every day can be perfect. For those rainy days that you don’t know where to go or take the kids, the Discovery Center is sure to be a hit. This educational yet fun center has hands-on activities, an array of exhibits (some traveling and changing) and lots of scientific exploration. It’s a place to make learning fun, especially during summer vacation!
This is just a short list to the never-ending amenities, activities, and recreations that Boise has to offer. Just talk to any local and we all will have different recommendations and favorite things to do. That is what makes our city so great and diverse but with the common love of our city and the nature that surrounds us.