Monday, September 9, 2019 / by Natasha McNealy
Millennials are making their impact on the real estate world and influencing the modern-day way of the home buying and selling process. Now reaching their late twenties and thirties, millennials are one of the biggest percentages of all current home buyers - 42% of all home buyers to be exact, according to Zillow Group’s Consumer Housing Report 2018. Not only do they represent that huge chunk in all potential home buyers, but within their percentage, 61% of them are first-time home buyers.
This should mean something significant to both real estate agents and those who are looking to put their house on the market - especially here in Boise. Boise is rapidly rising in popularity and the housing market has become competitive. We are a desired area that is taking in more millennial re-locators. With the rise in technology, job opportunities and education available in our city, millennials see the appeal and significance that Boise brings to the table when it comes to living.
Monday, September 2, 2019 / by Natasha McNealy
Gardening and knowing when to plant certain produce during each season of the year can be overwhelming. If you wanted some vegetables to harvest this fall, you most likely needed to have had them planted this past spring and summer. However, all hope is not lost and the gardening season isn’t quite over just yet. There are still certain vegetables that you can sow this autumn in order to harvest them this winter or have ready next spring.
Here is what you can sow this fall:
1. Garlic - it is fairly easy to grow garlic since they have a long growing season and will be ready to harvest next summer.
2. Spring Onions - if sowed by early autumn, these can be ready to harvest by early spring.
3. Perpetual Spinach - this will produce a large amount of ‘cut and come again’ crop and if planted by early autumn, can produce a great supply for you all winter and into summer!
4. Onions and Shallots - like garlic, they are easy to grow and require ...
Monday, August 26, 2019 / by Natasha McNealy
Since it’s finally back to school season, here are some healthy snack ideas for that after school hunger that will always be a crowd-pleaser. The best part is, if you make these ahead of time, it’s the perfect afternoon snack during your workday as well!
Apple Sandwiches - fun to make and delicious to eat!
Monday, August 19, 2019 / by Natasha McNealy
Buying a home is proven to be a great financial investment and often has a positive impact on your finances long term. If you are an interested first-time homebuyer, this is what you can expect to do and be prepared for, in the home-buying journey.
1. Preparing Your Finances - this step is absolutely crucial before you go any further in the home searching and buying process. By gathering up all of your finances, you will be able to understand what you can afford to pay each month (you should be able to comfortably pay your mortgage payment each month), have enough for a down payment (around 20%) and pay for closing costs. Your credit score is also very important when it comes to getting a mortgage loan, so if it is something that needs work, make it your priority.
2. Get pre-qualified for a loan - now that you took a look at your finances, it is time to find a loan that is right for you and your budget. Meeting with a lender will allow you to see what your options are, what you qua ...
Monday, August 12, 2019 / by Natasha McNealy
Can you believe it’s already back to school time?! This summer absolutely flew by but we hope you enjoyed yours just as much as we did…so much so, that our homes need a little TLC and organization before th ...